Tuesday, July 20, 2010

After a long time, I'm running again. And it feels great.

Well, here I go again. No this is not the first time in the running blogosphere, though as we know it simply does not matter how far you ran last week last month or last year. Nice to look back but as for benefit… none.

My name is DC, formally “DC The Running Trucker”. As I write this, my truck driving days are behind me. Yes, sometimes I miss it simply for the simplicity of the lifestyle. Drive, sleep, run, etc. Over and over again. If you would like to look at my past life check out http://www.dctherunningtrucker.blogspot.com it was quite an exciting time with a certain undertow during it all.

On to today. I am now a back of the pack runner and proud of it, I mean, I’m just happy to be running again. Funny though all of the familiar aches here of pains there, Oh to be alive again. I by nature am not the most social of people, hence running represents a peace of mind that other activities simply can not provide.
Since this is a new beginning of sorts I will share that my plan at this time is to share my runs with you and the wild sometimes boring thoughts that past through my head as my feet roll across the surface of the planet.

So now "I run because, I'm starting over."

No comments:

Post a Comment