Wednesday, July 28, 2010

where I was from...

Insanity of a different color has ruled life for me lately. A different color you may ask? Well I know that jealousy is green, hate is black and that love is red and pink. At least that's what I am told during the Valentines day sales events.


I took a trip to the mountains of Carolina this past week-end and the trip did not go as planned. There were events that had been thought of and planned for 20 years that crumbled before my eyes due to a manipulative soul and there was literally nothing that I could do but watch. One of the saddest things I have ever experienced.

I will write about the resent events in an upcoming post, just for now, I can't.

Did anything good happen you ask? Yes, I say. I had the opportunity to run the streets where I was from. I know that seems a bit strange, but believe me, you'll understand.

Took a two day rest to let a irritating shin deal lighten up. Then started back with a three miler on Sunday, an three and 1/4 miler on monday and a shorter two miler on Tuesday. It was cool. The same dogs barking as I ran by on the same streets that I remember. The funny thing is, is that it seemed that the change in elevation had quite a profound effect on my ability to breath this week-end. I mean we are only talking about maybe 2,500 to 3,000 feet. Will that make a difference? Though now that I think about it it could have been the stress.

Back about four years ago it was simple. I ran after midnight and people rarely saw me pound the pavement alone in my thoughts and free from judgement. All I had to worry about was rabid dogs and drunk drivers running me over. I never even considered that I would have to start carrying garlic... Get it? Ha! Life moves on, Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment