Sunday, November 7, 2010

An awesome day... No doubt!

Hi Guys & Ladies!

Never did learn how to open a blog post.

Today was an awesome Sunday. Got up went to church, got home Sarah had to work this afternoon so I tinkered on some web ideas that I have been working on, then I got dressed for my run.

Yes! Run I did! I am so excited because it has been so long since I covered this distance. I was concerned about the distance, and the traffic situation. I had rode the same route several weeks ago on my bike and knew that the was limited space at best if I was to run on a paved surface. It all worked out though.

I ended up with a 13.9ish mile run in 2:15:38 and let me tell you... If you had walked up to me three months ago and slapped me up side the head and said "three months from now you will be able to run a half marathon again" I would have said that you are CRAZY! The human body is so incredible when you push it to do these things, really.

If I can do this you can, or your friend can or who-ever, what a great feeling though. I really hope that all of this is coming across the way that I intend it to, no bragging by any means, Just excited. I feel like a runner again, and it feels good. VERY Good.

Have a great week everyone!

Oh, I tried my hand at shooting a short video while running today. Check back around wednesday to take a peak! Enjoy!

-DC

No comments:

Post a Comment