Thursday, August 26, 2010

On this day, I quit...

Ok, let me be more specific. The morning carried with it remnant of the two evenings before including a very bad accident that had I not looked down for a split second I would have witnessed. though the sound of air bags being deployed (three sets/three vehicles four people/ 1-1-2) is a sound few forget hearing. I will tell the complete story in a future post. But for now I will say that I quickly found myself running to the scene to find that no-one had checked on one of the victims in a car in which a young woman was still inside, head over the steering wheel and FULL of smoke. She apparently had not been wearing her seatbelt and was un-responsive, low respiratory rate with a rapid/weak pulse with no signs of having been subjected to the force of an air bag. INTENSE. Really INTENSE. So much for posting the whole story later... I stayed with her till the Raleigh Fire Department took over.

Anyway, It turned into a late night and none to positive. On to today. Guess that I could easily whine enough for a home bottling company to make a few bucks, but I just found myself in a place that I wanted to quit. Everything. So I did. I gave myself time to "Re-Set" or "Re-Boot" by stretching good getting my running clothes on and just stretch out a few miles (4.2). Now I know that that is nothing compared to some of you, but for me. This mid-morning did exactly what I needed it to do. Cleansed me in a way that only a decent run can.

Awesome.

Update: The young lady turned out, was treated and released sometime in the early morning hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment