Sunday, September 5, 2010

As for running...

As for running, I had to take a week off or so. Have a knee that is angry with me for jumping into a swimming pool the wrong way. You jumped into a pool the "wrong way" you might ask? Yes, taking a run at a pool at full gallup and "cannon balling" into three feet of water... Ah Dumb. Sort of a "Hyper Extension" injury possibly? At any rate. I'm going to try some light jogging/walking tonight and see what happens. Also got started back on my trusty Hyalauronic Acid" for the joints again (may help with the knee thing). So enough about my bum-knee and dumb self destructive running-interruptis pool habits.
This as we all know is Mermorial Day weekend.
I have had a nice one. I have had the opportunity to spend time at home with S. You know, the quality kind of time. House cleaning, laundry,breaks and high fives in the kitchen. And walks through the mall. Money is tight, but hey, it always cycles around. Church this morning- It was a God thing as I like to say.That's when I am at the exact place at the right time to hear exactly what I need to hear through an other-wise strange series of events... I don't find myself as being "religious", however I have a strong connection spiritually and at my lowest points I have found that connection weak. The message that was shared today was that of faith. And that if you knew exactly how things were going to turn out with every new venture or change in life the word faith would become quite useless. In fact faith itself wold not be a thing. I have pondered over that most of the day. You know, off and on the thought entered my mind. I've had a hell of a time with that myself over the last year or so.. Starting my life over and in a way re-inventing myself has not come without it's share of bumps and bruises..
S asked me after leaving church if I would like to go to the flea market. I as like "Oh Yah" ( well maybe inside I was) I thought it was a great idea. People watch at it's best. I do believe that a trip to the flea market is a lesson in sociology without a doubt. From dough nut sales to Armani shirts it was there. Watching the smallest of children and their reaction to the stuff. Some pulling wagons and others riding on Dads shoulders, one word, Awesome. I mean all of the things that they are looking at are "new" to them, Way cool. We're walking through the Flea Market and I hear this man playing a guitar. He introduces a song as "I almost had the opportunity to play this song for Hendrix back in 19?? but missed him by 15min." I thought, Damn, bummer. That 15min changed his life enough to still be talking about it now all these years later. To me, there is nothing like hearing another persons story. The man could play, and well.
. The more that I thought about the events at Church and all of the "little sycronisities" that took place throughout the day the more I remembererd and became aware that each one of us is in the process of writing our own stories. More to come... bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment