Friday, September 10, 2010

"Running and Being" George said it best...

Ok, so here I sit at the start of my day in a big quiet apartment. This is the time of day that for most people (I assume) need the least motivation. They wake-up and everything is pretty laid out for them. In the shower by ?:??, out the door by ?:?? and work by ?:??. Ok. I get it. Hey I've been there. BUT. What if you were your motivation? That if you choose to say, "I'm not going to do it today" and NOBODY even noticed (except your creditors at the end of the month), how would you attack it?

I took a late run the night before last, the way I used to once-upon-a-time. It was awesome. It had been so long since I hit that "plato" that kind of puts you somewhere else for a while. You don't really feel your legs moving or hear any particular sounds. Just your body gliding along. I had actually forgotten about the feeling. Guess some refer to it as "The Zone", yah that better describes it. I look forward to possibly running a 5k this weekend. If $ dictates a different route, I will find a lake to go run around instead. It's all good.

The title implied that I was going to write about George Sheehan. I just like the "Running and Being" term I guess, as that seems to be at least part of my focus.

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment