Monday, October 4, 2010

Why do I run? I must borrow a sentence from Dr.Sheehan

I run each day to preserve the self I attained the day before. -Dr George Sheehan

I do hope this post finds you in good standing with all that matters to you. What an awesome day it has been so far. I woke up to a crisp breeze blowing that tells me that fall is definitely here, or is so close that a warm snap will shock us all.

My running has improved as the temperature has dropped and I have went from panting to enjoying a longer stride and longer runs. I am again amazed at what our bodies can do when challenged and pushed to new limits. My new found strength and mental clarity associated with a better overall state of being has left me resting better than I have in a couple of years. I have even found that the excitement and anticipation for the next day has made it difficult to get to sleep. Even with my lifes pending day to day issues. Funny, It has been less than weeks that the opposite were true.

What a thrill it was to run 7+ miles in the cool night air without taking a walk-break to try and recover from the heat of Raleigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment